Monday 6 June 2016

Coastal bouldering (part 3)



Earlier this year, I sent my latest project at the local seaside venue that I discovered last year.

It's called "ìosal". It means "low" in Scottish Gaelic, because it is a low traverse and well... you can't climb it when the tide is high.

I haven't got a clue about the grade. It felt like the hardest climb I've ever sent, but then, every time I send a project, it feels like that. Still, this one is 5 or 6 moves long - the end part being much easier, so it's a solid 7b problem, probably harder.

There are a few other cool problems around but I won't give more details here - there should be plenty within the next edition of John Watson's Bouldering in Scotland guidebook.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello, just sent the 7b you put up at siccar point (st . helens bay). Not sure I have used the right holds though. Is there any way I can send you a photo of the holds so.you can confirm the line? Cheers. Andy.

Pierre said...

Hi Andy,

Apologies for the late reply - I don't check this blog very often.

Yes - send it to abraracourcix at gmail

Pierre said...

There you go Andy:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=24345#photos