Hummell wall - Gullane beach (near Edinburgh)I've climbed another few problems on the mini-cliff wall of Hummell Rocks, at Gullane beach, near Edinburgh (East Lothian).
Don't use any hard/wire brushes pretty please!
1. Prow, 4. Can be topped out but descent is harder than the ascent.
2. Prow eliminate, 6b. Any holds on the left side of the round prow is out. Sit start at obvious twin side pulls and move up on crimps till the top.
3. Tangology, 7a. Sit start on two big flatties. Make an awkward step leftward to small edges. Settle using a vague thumb catch side sloper, before launching to juggy holds above. Finish more easily but high or jump off.
4. Rise of the caveman, 6a+. Eliminate - no bridging allowed on the right or left. Sit-start at the mini-cave on good flatties. Rock onto a left foothold to reach a higher flat ledge. Reach high and leftward to a good wide edge. Finish at the line of jugs above.
4. High and dry, 6a. Easier for the tall. From the sandy hole or the small edge, launch up to reach a hidden jug. Move up and rightwards to good holds. Jump off or finish up (not recommended on your own).